Sunday, June 19, 2011

Thrift Store Triumph

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

One of the many passions I have inherited from my mother is an enthusiasm for "thrifting."  A couple weeks ago I spotted a set of dishes that I liked while searching for a stand for our kitchen at the local Goodwill.  I didn't purchase them, but when I told my mom about this she commanded me to buy them.  I was out of town at the time, so I called Josh and commanded him to return to the Goodwill to get them.  When I saw them, they were priced at $30, but by the time Josh got there the teacups had been sold and the price was reduced to $21.  All in all, we ended up with:

7 dinner plates
7 salad plates
15 (!) bread and butter plates
9 cereal bowls
9 dessert bowls
Gravy boat and plate (LOVE THIS)
Butter plate and cover
Creamer (LOVE THIS TOO)
Salt and pepper shakers
Vegetable server with lid (LOVE THIS TOO)

The bottoms say "Johnson Brothers Made in England."  I loved the pattern, so I hit the internet to find out more about it.  Turns out it is Johnson Brothers Heritage pattern, white.  My dad and I both found this website, which lists prices for individual pieces: www.replacements.com.  According to the website, our dishes add up to over $1100!!!!  It's not a complete set, and they aren't in perfect condition, but they are in pretty darn good shape and we can complete the set through this website if we want.  I love the dishes and the amazing bargain was a thrift store triumph indeed!!!

Pictures:


No comments:

Post a Comment