Sunday, June 19, 2011

Inauguration.

Welcome to my blog, The Daily Triumph.  I have spent a fair amount of time thinking about, or rather worrying about, success, and what it means to me to be successful.  I know I am not the only one who has asked myself whether I feel successful and what it will take for me to feel successful.  I am slowly letting go of the impulse to measure my success by anyone else's standard, a liberating but at times tricky endeavor.

My blog adopts a definition of success that includes everyday triumphs; it is a celebration of victories both large and small.  In addition, it is a venue to share things that I have learned that may be useful to others. Whether it is learning a new skill, crossing something off a long to-do list, or discovering something unexpected about the world or myself, I intend to find a success in every day, no matter how seemingly insignificant.   Then, when I lay my head down at night, I hope not to fret over the day's regrets, but rather delight in the day's triumphs.  I hope that this blog inspires you to do the same.

1 comment:

  1. Rosie I love your blog1!! And I love that what I'm typing right now looks like I typed it on my dad's old Royal! But I'll bet you already know that :) Anyhoo, Happy Father's Day Kenneth...you would have had no idea how important that little thing is to us now. But I digress. I think your blog is going to be totally AWESOME! I am very impressed with your newly acquired skills of all kinds, plumbing, animal husbandry, and my favorite, retail therapy. Those dishes are adorable. Thanks for playing along Josh and getting those for us...I mean her :) I think my very favorite line is from the fly trap. It's never a good idea to celebrate capture too soon...right? I will be anxiously awaiting your next post. Love you :)

    ReplyDelete