Sunday, June 19, 2011

Food Triumph Number One: Cutting a Mango

Sunday, June 19, 2011

I expect to have several posts about new recipes or foods that I have discovered, because I get very excited, and feel very proud, any time I try a new recipe or food that turns out to be delicious.  My first food-related triumph on this blog is cutting a mango!

Previously, all of my attempts to cut a mango resulted in an incredible mess that was more like juicing the mango and slurping it off my fingers, rather than cutting it up to actually eat.  I didn't grow up eating mangoes so I never knew that there was a better way.  Then, this morning, it occurred to me to consult the all-knowing Youtube.

Here's what I found:
How to Cut a Mango

I tried it today and it works so well!  Unfortunately, the mango itself was not such a triumph.  I had let it get too ripe and it tasted like rotten fruit with Pine-Sol poured over it.  Nonetheless, I consider this a triumph not only for my future enjoyment of mangoes, but also a triumph for Youtube instructional videos, from which I look forward to learning many new skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment