Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Meta Triumph

I was planning to share that today's Daily Triumph was choosing to have a bowl of fruit instead of a brownie and ice cream for dessert, but after I finished the bowl of fruit I promptly rinsed out the bowl and filled it with the brownie and ice cream I had wanted in the first place.  So nevermind.  Then I thought maybe I should share a triumph from clinicals, but although I feel that my clinical is going really well so far, I don't think I've done anything really noteworthy yet.  I worried that maybe I'd be stuck for today, but then my brother-in-law Rich came to the rescue!

I called up Em and Rich to wish them a Happy 2-Year Anniversary tonight (congratulations!) and Rich shared something with me that made my day - Rich told me that he had his own Daily Triumph the other day!  Rich was suffering the aggravation of a troublesome fly who would not leave him alone.  After three hours of this torment, Rich finally got the sucker!  In the glow of his victory, he thought to himself, "this is my Daily Triumph."  Knowing that this thought actually went through Rich's head put a huge grin on my face and ended up being my own Daily Triumph today.  Thanks, Rich!  And Happy Anniversary to you both :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment